This is a little video showing what Operation Christmas is all about
You'll also find the following link useful http://www.samaritanspurse.uk.com/occ/filling-a-box.asp
What to Pack- Gift ideas
All items should be new. Please include items from each category. Remember to make your box both FUN and EDUCATIONAL!
TOYS - something to love
Bear, soft toy, tennis ball, fi nger puppet, jigsaw, yo-yo, building blocks, small musical instrument, (for boys – trucks and cars, for girls – doll, clip-on earrings, make-up or hair accessories) etc.
EDUCATIONAL SUPPLIES – something to do
Felt pens, pens, pencils, pencil sharpener, rubber, colouring book,notepad, picture/puzzle book, chalk, pencil case, stickers etc.
HYGIENE ITEMS – something to useToothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, comb, hair clips, bar of wrapped soap, flannel etc.
OTHER ITEMS – something to eat or wearSweets (sell-by date to be at least March of following year), gloves, scarf. sunglasses, cap, hat, bangles, necklaces etc.
DO NOT INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- FOOD Chocolate, crisps, biscuits, tinned food or cakes (or any other food)
- MEDICINE Medicines or vitamins of any kind
- WAR RELATED ITEMS toy guns, soldiers or knives
- CLOTHING (other than listed above)
- FRAGILE ITEMS Glass containers; mirrors
- LIQUIDS of any kind including blow bubbles, shampoo, bubble bath, toiletry sets or aerosols
- DANGEROUS ITEMS Marbles or sharp objects – scissors or razors
- NOVELS ANYTHING OF A POLITICAL OR RACIAL NATURE